Monday, February 16, 2009

BOOM!

Inhale. The whole wide Everything rides into my lungs on a cloud of smoke. Hold. Hold. Cough.
Look up and know that it just changed. It all just... changed.
Childlike deity, I am swinging my legs in the playground of the gods. Giggle. Patterns tessellate and change before my eyes. The colours are smiling at me. It's beautifully terrifying, but I refuse to be scared.
Don't be silly; it's always been like this, you just couldn't see until now. But you always knew, right in the back of your head. You always knew it was this simple.
I nod, feeling like a cabbage patch kid.
Look over at Tom's spiky head. He's got his face in the grass. Bong dangles from his limp fingers. Tom the person. Tom the being.
Andrew does chin-ups and roars; floats-hops-jumps-bounds over to me, sitting with my feet dangling off the trampoline. He swims before me, porcelain skin and red hair and blue, blue eyes. Kisses my forehead; cheeks; lips. I touch his face. I can feel him radiating out of that form. Spilling out of the gaps like sunlight because there's too much Happy in him for just one person, or one point in time and it has to, has to, has to get out.
If I had words, I'd say you're perfect.

Aftermath. Something's different. Everything's different. Sacred. Golden.
This feels right.

1 comment:

  1. And about time it was, perfect.
    A fair trade.
    Old man gets a new story, young girl gets a happy ending.
    A fair trade.
    Fallen Angels rise with fresh wings. The shine in their eyes reflecting faraway light as they grasp for new souls.

    ReplyDelete